For Immediate Release
Alsip, IL (March 20, 2020) - Daubert Cromwell, LLC, takes seriously the stay-at-home order issued by Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker earlier today. As an “essential business”, we intend to remain in operation throughout the shutdown, in order to continue to support the critical and vitally important industries we serve.
Daubert Cromwell is a manufacturer of chemicals and chemically treated protective packaging considered critical in the manufacture, transport and storage of items produced by companies at the core of the Critical Manufacturing Sector, as described by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This sector includes companies engaged in:
- Primary Metals Manufacturing
- Iron and Steel Mills and Ferrous Alloy Manufacturing
- Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing
- Nonferrous Metal Production and Processing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Engine and Turbine Manufacturing
- Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing
- Earth Moving, Mining, Agricultural, and Construction Equipment Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment, Appliance, and Component Manufacturing
- Electric Motor Manufacturing
- Transformer Manufacturing
- Generator Manufacturing
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Vehicles and Commercial Ships Manufacturing
- Aerospace Products and Parts Manufacturing
- Locomotives, Railroad and Transit Cars, and Rail Track Equipment Manufacturing
We are a direct supplier to companies in each of these segments. Our products are essential to these core manufacturing industries which in turn are essential to many other critical infrastructure sectors.
In addition, Daubert Cromwell is one of only a few qualified suppliers of corrosion protective packaging to the US military and military contractors, for the protection of arms, munitions and critical equipment. Specification and qualifications include:
- U.S. Dept. of Defense – MIL-PRF-3420H, VCI treated paper packaging
- U.S. Army – ARDEC Drawing 13027484, preservation of material utilizing VCI heat sealed bags
- U.S. Federal Government System of Award Management (SAM), Cage Code 3D2D9
- Government Services Administration (GSA) National Stocking Number (NSN) for VCI papers and emitters
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) contract holder for military operations
- Qualified supplier to military and defense distributors
Of course, our primary concern must be the safety and health of our employees. We will be exercising extreme caution during all aspects of operation and employing, at a minimum, the practices recommended by the CDC. In addition, any employees who can work remotely are already working from home. Anyone not essential to the physical operation of the facility will be prohibited from entering. Delivery drivers and necessary support service providers will be required to wear masks upon entering the facility.
Daubert Cromwell, LLC, intends to continue the important work of supporting critical segments of our economy and providing essential services so that our customers can meet their commitments, to the benefit of national security and public well-being.
Martin J. Simpson
President and CEO
Daubert Cromwell, LLC &
Daubert VCI, Inc.